The DCA is the largest provider of scholarships to Darien High School (DHS) graduates. On an annual basis, we offer funding to both new and returning college students. To date, the DCA has awarded more than $2 million in scholarship funds to 1,300 graduates. Made possible by donations, Thrift Shop revenue and various DCA programs, scholarships are based on both merit and need.
Apply for a Scholarship
For graduating seniors, applications are available each Spring through the high school. The DCA Scholarship Committee will review submitted applications, then contact students for interviews in May of each year.
Returning college students who qualify for continued funding may obtain applications through the link below. Submissions are due by Tuesday, May 27th. Students will be contacted for interviews in June.
Please contact our Scholarship Chair, Linda Terhune, with any questions at email@example.com or 203-554-0039.
Pictured are several recipients, L-R: Olivia Leunis, Lauren Sestito, Anne Marie Manjuck, Greg Marku, Emily Caccam, Matt Brown, Kelly Manhart, Harrison Perley, Althea Perley, Jose Herrera and Tyler Stratton.
- Matt Brown, Emily Caccam, Jimmy Documet, Jared Garner, Jose Herrera, Murtuza Jafri, Olivia Leunis, Kelly Manhart, Anne Marie Manjuck, Greg Marku, Andres Morales-Guzman, Althea Perley, Harrison Perley, Hannah Procaccini, Lauren Sestito and Tyler Stratton all received DCA ‘Path to the Future’ Awards.
- Caroline Waters received the Lassie League Award, a grant rewarding good sportsmanship.
- Clay Baxter received the Lucy Wiggin Award, a grant given for someone pursuing a profession of caring for others.
- Erica Hurtado and Liliana Saffa received Teedie McKitterick Awards, grants created to honor the committed volunteerism of Teedie McKitterick.
- Althea Perley and Harrison Perley received Joy Family Awards, grants created to ensure someone who deserves to go to college actually can.
The scholarship program, including interviews and selection of recipients, is managed by the dedicated volunteers on our Scholarship Committee:
Chair: Linda Terhune
Committee members: Joan Barksdale, Barbara Gillespie, Ulla Kremer, Kate Larson, Judi Linskey, Nancy Klumb, Diane Schlinkert and Susan Vogel.