The DCA is the largest provider of scholarships to Darien High School graduates. Contributing $50,000 a year, we fund scholarships for not only new, but returning college students as well. To date, the DCA is proud to have awarded over $2 million in funds, to more than 1300 graduates. Made possible by donations and revenues from the Thrift Shop, house rentals and various DCA programs, scholarships are based on both merit and need.
If you or your organization/business is interested in establishing a named scholarship, please contactthe DCA office at email@example.com or 203-655-9050.
Apply for a Scholarship
For graduating seniors, applications are available each Spring through the high school. The DCA Scholarship Committee will review submitted applications, then contact students for interviews in May of each year.
Returning college students who qualify for continued funding may apply using the below application. This application must be returned to the DCA office by Tuesday, May 26, 2015 either by mail to 274 Middlesex Road in Darien, or by fax to 203-655-4009. Students will then be contacted for interviews in June.
Please contact our Scholarship Chair, Linda Terhune, with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org or 203-554-0039. To make an online contribution to the DCA scholarship fund, click here to access our donations form, and type “scholarship” in the notes section. Alternatively, please send a check, with “scholarship” noted in the memo field, to the DCA at 274 Middlesex Road, Darien, CT 06820. Donations are tax deductible; we will mail a receipt to your return address, which may be used for tax purposes.
Congratulations to our Scholarship recipients for 2014!
12 students received “Path to the Future” Awards:
1. Victoria Chao, Amherst College
2. Kelly Brustman, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University
3. Bettina Arkhurst, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
4. Laura Anglade, Concordia College
5. Rachel Andriunas, Sacred Heart University
6. Jake Price, University of North Carolina, Greensboro
7. Colin Pasquarella, Florida Gulf State
8. Jocelyn Mendez, American University
9. Julia Rae Hodenfield, Ursinas College
10. Bozhidar Grozdev, University of Connecticut, Stamford
11. Tristan Ersek, Marshall University
12. Connor Davis, Fordham University
Two students received named scholarship awards:
1. Andrew Boe, University of Vermont, Teedie McKitterick Award
2. Alexandra Ford, Ohio State University, Joy Family Scholarship
New graduates and 2014 DCA Scholarship Award winners pictured above, top to bottom: Rachel Andriunas, Alexandra Ford, Andrew Boe, Bettina Arkhurst, Colin Pasquarella, Julia Rae Hodenfield, Kelly Brustman and Victoria Chao. Not pictured: Laura Anglade, Connor Davis, Tristan Ersek, Bozhidar Grozdev, Jocelyn Mendez, and Jake Price.
In addition, 22 students received awards for their continuing college education:
1. Lily Boe – Villanova University
2. Matt Brown – Fordham University
3. Jimmy Documet Clarke – University of Connecticut
4. Pierina Documet Clarke – University of Connecticut
5. Jessica DeMaio – University of Connecticut
6. Cody DiZeo – Rutgers University
7. Erica Hurtado – Southern Connecticut State University
8. Jordan Irizarry – Susquehanna University
9. Murtuza Ali Jafri – University of Connecticut
10. Soyoung Lee – University of Connecticut
11. Lauren Littell – Principia College
12. Greg Marku – University of Connecticut
13. Devon McCarthy – Boston University
14. Liam McCarthy – University of Connecticut
15. Andres Morales-Guzman – Sacred Heart University
16. Daniela Orozco – University of Mass/Amherst
17. Althea Perley – Miami University
18. Harrison Perley – Villanova University
19. Lili Saffa – Ithaca College
20. Lauren Sestito – Eastern Connecticut State University
21. Kate Shannon – Manhattanville College
22. Tyler Stratton – Landmark College
Congratulations to all!
The scholarship program, including interviews and selection of recipients, is managed by the dedicated volunteers on our Scholarship Committee:
Chair: Linda Terhune
Committee members: Joan Barksdale, Ulla Kremer, Kate Larson, Judi Linskey, Diane Schlinkert, Pat van den Broek and Susan Vogel.